Raleigh Chinese Christian Church is now using a church record keeping solution called Realm. It primarily serves the administrative needs of our staff, but it also offers some exciting opportunities to support the way you are involved in our church.
There are three things you should know before we highlight what you can do:
- We’re updating the administrative tools our staff uses to run the daily operations of our church.
- We’re adding more ways to communicate and connect as a church, all while leaving current methods in place
- You determine how much you want to make this part of your experience with our church. You are not
required to respond to the invite, but we encourage you to participate.
Realm Profile / Login
Everyone in our church gets a unique profile. It’s possible your profile information has already been imported into Realm from our previous church database. However, Realm allows you (13 years or older) to have your own login, with the ability to maintain your own profile as well as your family’s. Your profile contains everything you want people in our church to know about you. Your profile will also enable you to join a small group, RSVP to events, track your giving, update your contact information, change family details, set notification preferences, or update your family photo.
By keeping your information current, you are helping our staff, group leaders, and our church community. Your Profile includes:
- Contact Information* (e.g. name, address, email, phone)
- Family Members
- Personal Information (e.g. marital status, birthday**, etc.)
- Connected Social Media accounts
* You can decide later what data you want to hide online by setting your privacy preferences.
** Feel free to enter your full birthday. The year and your age will not be displayed on your church directory profile. After creating your login, if you wish, you can choose to remove your birthday.
Your information is your information
- You have complete control over who can see your contact and personal information
- Contact information is never public or searchable on the Internet. Any information you elect to make visible to your church family is always protected behind a login.
- Authorized staff will always have access to your profile information.
- You and certain authorized staff may update your profile information. For safety reasons, sharing contact and personal information for children under 18 is limited.
- Parents determine whether or not to display their child’s name in the church directory.
- Children under 13 may not participate and will not be able to sign in.
What People May See
By default, the viewing of your contact and personal information is limited to members of groups you are in, group leaders, and staff members. If you choose to, however, you can make your information visible to the entire church. It’s like opting into a church directory. But if you prefer to be more private, you can customize how people see specific information.
For a quick video review about how to adjust Privacy Settings in Realm:
Everyone—Like a church directory listing, everyone in our church will be able to see whatever profile information is marked as visible to everyone.
My Groups + Group Leaders + Church Staﬀ—This setting means information will only be shared with the people you are involved with at church. This is the default setting.
Group Leaders + Church Staﬀ—You would use this setting if you wanted to keep some profile information hidden from anyone who is not a group leader or on staff.
Church Staﬀ Only—This setting effectively removes you from the church directory. Your information will only be available to authorized church staff.**
Custom Privacy—Choose different privacy levels for specific contact fields and personal information. You can do this in two places: when you edit your profile information or when you manage your privacy settings.
**While you can hide the majority of your information from most of your church, you should know that, regardless of your settings, contact data will still be visible to certain members of our church staff.
A family member with a primary position such as “Head” or & “Spouse”, “Primary” or “Secondary” contact, can change privacy settings for other members of the family and opt family members into the church directory.
Birthdays are required for children (as a means to prohibit access), but it’s up to you if you want to share the birthday with your church family.
Requesting a Realm login
If you would like a Realm login, please email your full name to: email@example.com
You will receive a Realm invite email in 1-2 days with instructions to create your login.
Helpful Realm Links
Realm – Congregants’ Guide
Realm – Video Tutorials