The Raleigh Chinese Christian Church is seeking a qualified Cantonese Pastor/Minister who is fluent in Cantonese and is able to communicate in English (ability to speak Mandarin is a plus, but not a requirement). This person should be sensitive to God’s leading in fulfilling the vision and mission of RCCC.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary Function. – To provide kingdom leadership to the Cantonese speaking congregation of this church enabling the congregants to focus on the Great Commandment and Great Commission, and equipping them to carry out the five functions of the New Testament church, vis-à-vis, the vision and mission of Raleigh Chinese Christian Church: Worship, Instruction, Fellowship, Evangelism and Ministry. The primary target audience of ministry would be to the Cantonese speaking adults and their families.
The Cantonese Pastor/Minister will work with the other Pastors in overseeing the local body of Christ, with specific focus on the Cantonese congregation
Leading. – The Cantonese Pastor/Minister will lead and develop church members to fulfill the Great Commission and accomplish the purpose statement of this church. He will work with the other Pastors to communicate the vision for ministry that God gives to this congregation. He will, together with the other Pastors and lay Elders, lead the body of deacons and other ministry teams of the church, and perform other functions as designated within the auspices of the Eldership. The Cantonese Pastor/Minister will lead and minister to the Cantonese speaking section of the total church congregation. He will conduct and organize the Cantonese worship. He will lead, oversee and promote sound and balanced programs that are functional, compatible and fully feasible within the total spiritual ministry of the whole church.
Feeding – The Cantonese Pastor/Minister, working closely with the lay Elders and the other Pastors, will endeavor to guide, teach, nurture, challenge, and stimulate spiritual growth and development in the lives of the church members.
Equipping – The Cantonese Pastor/Minister will use his spiritual gifts to edify and build up this local body of Christ. He will provide appropriate pastoral care and discipleship training to church members, and promote effective Biblical Bible teaching
Counseling – The Cantonese Pastor/Minister will preach and teach the Bible, believing that God is the author, salvation is a gift from God, and biblical truth is without any error for its content. He will provide appropriate pastoral care to members of the church and the community through counseling and visitation.
EXPECTATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Cantonese Pastor/Minister is expected to be a servant leader. He is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies incumbent of a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is also expected to demonstrate a servant spirit as a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
The (candidate) Cantonese Pastor/Minister shall experience a genuine call of God to pastor, minister and evangelize a Cantonese speaking segment of a multi-cultural Chinese Christian church in a medium-sized community, and be a member of the pastoral staff. He shall espouse a life consistent of faithful prayer, preaching God’s Word, equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry, and calling sinners to a life inpreaching God’s Word, equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry, and calling sinners to a life in Christ.
• Spiritual. Based on Scripture and in accordance with our Church Constitution and By-Laws, the Cantonese Pastor/Minister shall have the spiritual qualifications summarized below:
• He must be qualified as a spiritual leader of the Church, working closely with the other Pastors in shepherding, teaching and equipping believers. (Ephesians 4:11-13; By-Laws, Articles 3.23).
• He must subscribe to Article III. Statement of Doctrine and Statement of the Raleigh Chinese Christian Church Constitution.
• He must possess spiritual maturity as exemplified in his ministry, personal character, family witness, example to the flock and outstanding reputation in the community. (Acts 20:19-20,24; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Timothy 3:2-7; 4:6-7, 11-16; 1 Peter 5:1-4; By-Laws, Article 3.3.1).
• A Chinese cultural background with good interpersonal skills is required.
• Fluent in Cantonese and the ability to communicate in English
Mandarin speaking is a plus, but not a requirement.
• Pastor/Minister experience is a plus, recent seminary graduate is also welcome.
• M.Div. from an accredited theological seminary, or equivalent, of conservative and evangelical faith (required).
• Marital Status
The pastoral staff applicant can be married or single but not divorced or have never been divorced.
For more information, please visit: http://www.raleighccc.org/main/?page_id=663 Interested applicants please send a cover letter, a resume and the completed Self-Assessment Questionnaire & Profile to:
S. Raymond Ting, Chair, Cantonese Pastor Search Committee
Raleigh Chinese Christian Church
9266 Chapel Hill Road
Cary, NC 27513
Cell: (919) 412-2612